Fatehsagar Lake is the pride of The City Of Lakes – Udaipur. This lake is the second artificial lake of Udaipur which was built by Maharana Jai Singh Ji in 1678. It is located in the north of Lake Pichola and north – west of Udaipur. After two hundred years of its construction, this lake was washed away due to floods. This was later reconstructed by Maharana Fateh Singh Ji in 1888 and hence got its name Fatehsagar Lake. This lake has a length of 2.4 Km, width of 1.6 Km and depth of 13.4 m.
Facts and beliefs
– This pear shaped lake is encircled by Aravali Hills on three side and Pratap Memorial on the fourth side thus giving it a perfect picturesque sight.
– Monsoon rain is the major source of water to this lake.
– Fatehsagar Lake is the second largest drinking water source to the city of Udaipur.
The 3 legendry islands
The lake has three legendry islands, which are the jewel of this place. They can be reached by taking a boat ride in the lake.
– The largest island of the lake is called Nehru Park. There is a boat shaped restaurant in Nehru Park which stays as major attraction for people. This island is the favorite picnic spot for the people of Udaipur.
– The second island is converted into a public park with brilliant water-jet fountains by the Government of Rajasthan.
– The third island addresses Udaipur Solar Observatory.
Things to do around FS
– Morning and evening walk, skating, games like badminton.
– Camel Ride, Various boats ride like Motor boat, Shikara, Water Bike etc.
– Photography spot, capture fountain, light drills, Night Photography, Aerial Photography etc.
– Swimming, Cycling, Play Guitar, Organize public awareness event.
– Bread Bada at Ajay Bhai
– Coffee Flavors at Time Pass Cafe
Places around Fatehsagar
–Good For: All age category, Lake Lovers.
–Place categories: Hang out place, evening path.
–Nearest Landmarks: Dainik Bhaskar New office,
–Duration: 30 mins.
–How to reach: Auto Rickshaw, Private Auto, City Bus.
Locate on Map
During sunset, the tranquil water of Fatehsagar Lake is transformed into molten gold . The adorable Fatehsagar Lake is a perfect vantage point for photography lovers. The visit to this lake is mesmerizing, unique and an unforgettable experience.