HAPPY WORLD TOURISM DAY
Set amidst in the womb of Aravalli hills, the capital of Mewar for centuries, UDAIPUR does have a place into the top-fives of any traveler’s bucket list. Being an undoubtedly romantic destination for decades, this place never stops to amaze you with its eternal beauty. It is all-round destination for fairy-tale weddings, tourists, passionate photographers and those who want peace at the end of the day.
UDAIPUR is famous for both its ethnicity and novelty and is also known as the “City of the Dawn.” All these fantastic palaces, the temples and the havelis and the numerous narrow colorful streets add the human elements to its charms. The beautiful boat rides, the food, the colorful markets and the lively art scenes adds magic to the beauty of UDAIPUR.
Founded by Maharaja Udai Singh II in 1586, UDAIPUR has witnessed several historical incidents like the final sacking of Chittorgarh by Akbar, the british interventions in the early 19th century, or the invasions by The Marathas. The history floats in the air as you enter the old side of the city. The marvelous palaces and the ancients monuments gives you the old-world feel at its best.
Always popping with the tagline- “CITY of LAKES” in the heads, the city is famous for its Five Prominent and most beautiful lakes.
1. LAKE PICHOLA :- an artificial fresh water lake, PICHOLA, is the most developed lake over the centuries and famous for its two islands, Jag Niwas and Jag Mandir.
2. FATEHSAGAR LAKE :- located to the north of PICHOLA LAKE, this lake is the pride of this city and widely famous among the youths as a popular hangout.
3. JAISAMAND LAKE :- Originally known as the DHEBAR LAKE, Jaisamand lake is the second largest artificial lake in Asia. This lake is home for many migratory birds.
4. UDAISAGAR LAKE :- among the five lakes of Udaipur, This lake is located at a distance on 13kms from the city and considered as one of the most beautiful lakes among the fives.
5. RAJASMAND LAKE :- one of the most popular tourist attraction in the city, this lake is also known as RAJSAMUDRA LAKE and is counted as one of the five popular lakes of Mewar.
This city can make Travelers to fall in love with it.
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page: St. Agustine
TRAVELING’S not something you’re good at. Its something you do. like BREATHING: Gayle Foreman
We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us: Anoymous
TRAVEL brings power and love back to your life: Rumi
Written by: Chirag; Photos by: Dishi, Vittori, Ritvik, Kushagra, Deep, Sanjay.